Last week, I was lucky enough to make a quick trip to Edinburgh for the Festival! For anyone who doesn’t know, Edinburgh in August is home to a few different cultural festivals, including the MASSIVE Edinburgh Festival Fringe. The whole city is full of comedians, actors, musicians and other performers for just a few weeks. Apparently it’s the largest event of its kind in the world, and it turns the always-amazing city into somewhere completely incredible!
Unfortunately I only managed to see a few acts, but I can highly recommend them all to anyone headed to Edinburgh this month:
- Comedy trio Rory & Tim (two names, three people, hilarious sketches!)
- Stewart Lee (the only big-name comedian I saw)
- I Am, I Am (two guys with guitars; laughed so hard I could barely breathe)
- The Turn of the Screw (something a little bit creepy to contrast with the comedy, plus I’m a big fan of the original short story)
- As You Like It (all-male cast, very professionally done and once again incredibly funny!
Also, the weather was absolutely incredible- bright sunshine and hardly a cloud in the sky! Definitely made my visit even more enjoyable, especially considering all the street performers and actors with their handfuls of flyers!